MOVEMENT FOR ACTORS and the ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
WORKSHOP SERIES with Sarah Cathcart
In this series of 5 Mondays we will study movement for actors, incorporating the Alexander Technique. The Alexander Technique is taught in top acting schools like RADA, Juilliard and the VCA.
The Alexander Technique teaches actors how to identify and let go of unnecessary tension so they can breath, move and speak with even more power and flexibility.
In these classes we will explore:
- moving with more freedom
- becoming more comfortable in your own skin
- becoming present moment to moment
- trusting your instincts
- refining your sense of rhythm
- refining your spacial awareness
- exploring body shape
- exploring dynamic relationships to the other actor
- exploring dynamic relationship to the space
- building your performance energy
We will work in solo, duets and large group. Please wear loose clothes for moving and a monologue that you would like to explore.
Mon May 22, 29, and Mon June 5,12, 19
6.30pm to 8.30pm
Cecil Street Studio
66 Cecil Street, Fitzroy
$210 full time work $180 part time and unemployed.
Further Information and Bookings:
Call Sarah ~ 0422 069 620 or
Email ~ firstname.lastname@example.org