MOVEMENT FOR ACTORS and the ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
with Sarah Cathcart
In this series of 5 Mondays we will study movement for actors, incorporating the Alexander Technique.
The Alexander Technique teaches actors how to identify and let go of unnecessary tension so they can breath, move and speak with even more power and flexibility.
In these classes we will explore:
- moving with more freedom
- becoming more comfortable in your own skin
- becoming present moment to moment
- trusting your instincts
- refining your sense of rhythm
- refining your spacial awareness
- body shape
- dynamic relationships to the other actor
- dynamic relationship to the space
- building your performance energy
- creating character through imagination and movement
We will work in solo, duets and large group. Please wear loose clothes for moving and a monologue that you would like to explore.
Mon Nov 13, 20, 27 and Dec 4, 11
6.30pm to 8.30pm
$210 full time work $180 part time and unemployed.
Further Information and Bookings:
Call Sarah ~ 0422 069 620
Email ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Cathcart is an award winning actor, writer and director and a graduate of the Victorian College of the Arts.